They're dense, delicious, and perfect for breakfast or dessert.
I just love all of his recipes!!!! I made another one, carrot cake bars, and they’re amazing. So yummy! I opted not to use frosting and just use vegan butter instead.
Flourless, egg free carrot cake bars that make a perfect breakfast or treat.
- 2 cups gf oat flour (gluten free oats ground into a flour)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 small carrot finely grated
- 1 cup milk alternative I used hemp milk
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp nut or seed butter i used peanut butter
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder (I recommend a casein or brown rice blend)
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice
- 1-2 tbsp nut or seed butter
- milk alternative to form batter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x9 pan.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
In a small bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla extract, and egg/flax egg. Pour into the dry mixture. Add the shredded carrots and the melted nut butter and mix very well until a batter is formed.
Using a 1/4 cup, pour batter into the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes, before removing and allowing to cool on a dry surface.
place in a small bowl and add dairy-free milk to thin out to a very thick consistency. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before spreading on muffins. Refrigerate to allow to firm up.
Based off the recipe from https://thebigmansworld.com/2015/12/11/healthy-flourless-carrot-cake-muffins/